Servings: 2 people
No Knead Crust:
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 125ml warm water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 156g flour unbleached white or a combination of white and whole wheat
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or other herbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
- Red Pizza sauce of choice
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced red onion
- thinly sliced white mushrooms
- sliced zucchini or other sliced veggies of choice
- sliced kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil
- pepper flakes
- vegan parmesan see recipe below
- In a bowl, mix warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp flour. Let it sit for a few minutes to activate.
- Add 1 cup flour, salt, herbs and garlic and olive oil and mix in. Add another 3 tbsp flour and mix in. Get your hands in there to mix and knead for a few seconds into a soft slightly sticky dough.. Add another tbsp flour if needed. Gather the dough into a ball and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Add a 1/2 tsp oil over the dough and spread with your hands. Gather the dough into a ball and place on parchment lined sheet.
- Use a bit of flour to spread the dough into a 13 to 14 inch size oval. Spread it depending on on how thick or thin you want the crust to be. Keep the edges thicker than the center (see video). Let it sit for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F / 220ºc.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the crust. Distribute the sliced veggies, mushrooms and olives evenly.
- Mix chopped garlic with a tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and oregano. Sprinkle over the pizza.
- Sprinkle salt over the veggies. Sprinkle meltable vegan cheese on the veggies if using at this point.
- Bake the pizza for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden on the edges. Sprinkle vegan parm of choice, chopped fresh basil, and pepper flakes. Slice and serve!