How to make Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Use Cashews, Pecans or Pepitas to make Dairy-free Parmesan cheese.
- 16 g Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), or cashews, almonds or pecans or walnuts or a combination
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs or gf crumbs or use more of the nut or seed
- 1 to 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry rosemary
- dash of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste depends on the nutritional yeast satyness (use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp)
- Other flavor additions: a bit of ground mustard and some lime zest
- Pulse to a fine meal in a food processor. Pulse in 2 -3 second bursts. Taste and adjust salt and nutritional yeast for cheesier flavor. Store in an airtight container for upto a month and refrigerated for upto 2 months.