Smooth and velvety vegan Nutella made with 3 easy ingredients. Perfect as a spread, to use in smoothies, or just to eat with a spoon!
Servings: 260 grams
- 337g Raw Hazelnuts*
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 200g Vegan Chocolate (Melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the hazelnuts on a parchment lined baking tray in a single layer and roast for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then roll them with your hands to remove the skins. The skins will come off easily, any parts that don’t, just leave them on.
- Add the roasted hazelnuts to the food processor and process into a hazelnut butter. It will start off crumbly and then will gradually form into sticky clumps and then finally will go into a smooth butter. If it sticks to the sides too much, then stop the machine and scrape down the sides and then continue.
- Add the salt and process in. Taste test and add more salt if desired.
- Break up the chocolate and place into a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds, until completely melted.
- Add the melted chocolate to the hazelnut butter and process it in.
- At this point you should have a nutella that is still a little textured, as food processors often don’t get things completely smooth. If this is the case, then transfer to your blender jug for the final step which is blending it completely smooth in the blender.
- Transfer to a container and let it gradually thicken at room temperature until it reaches a consistency similar to smooth peanut butter.
- Keep it stored at room temperature (covered) and enjoy over the next couple of weeks.
*You might find blanched hazelnuts, which are the ones that don’t have skins on and these are fine to use, but you will still need to roast them for the perfect flavor here and also because they blend up and release their oils much easier when roasted.
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 135