Tofu Pad Thai
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu drained
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sweet chili sauce
- Juice of 1 lime plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 c. mung bean sprouts
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. Chopped peanuts
- Slice tofu 1/2- inch thick. Place on rimmed baking sheet between layers of paper towels; sandwich with second sheet and place cast iron skillet on top to weigh down 10 minutes. Cut into cubes, transfer to bowl and toss with cornstarch.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles per package directions and rinse with cold water; drain.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and garlic; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet on medium. Add pepper and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add tofu and cook, tossing, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add noodles and sauce and toss to combine. Fold in pepper, sprouts and scallions and cook 2 minutes.
Check out our Vegan Sweet and Spicy Chili Sauce Recipe