Sweet and Spicy Chili Sauce
Servings: 6 People
- 1.5 tbsp red chili flakes + more to taste
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3/4 tbsp tapioca flour / starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp grated ginger OPTIONAL
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar, sea salt and garlic to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low flame. Cook for a few minutes until it starts to thicken. (If doing the ginger version then add it here as well )
- In a small bowl whisk together the tapioca flour + 2 tbsp of water until smooth then add it to the simmering sauce making sure to stir frequently.
- Simmer the sauce another minute or so until thickened to your liking. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools down so keep that in mind as well. Use a little splash of water to loosen it up a bit if needed.
- Allow to cool off completely before storing in tight lid jars in the refrigerator.