Grilled Asparagus and Shiitake Tacos
For a fresh spin on Mexican, try these stellar vegan tacos.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed with press
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle chile
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 230g shiitake mushrooms stems discarded
- 1 bunch green onions trimmed
- 8 corn tortillas warmed
- 250g homemade or prepared guacamole
- Lime wedges
- cilantro sprigs
- Hot sauce for serving
- Heat grill on medium. In a large baking dish, combine oil, garlic, chipotle, and salt. Add asparagus, shiitakes, and green onions; toss to coat. Grill asparagus until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally; 5 to 6 minutes. Grill shiitakes and green onions until lightly charred, turning occasionally; 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to cutting board.
- Cut asparagus and green onions into 2″ lengths and slice shiitakes. Serve with corn tortillas, guacamole, lime wedges, cilantro, and hot sauce.