Crispy Tofu Bowl
Servings: 4 people
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber chopped
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 c. quinoa cooked
- 2 tbsp. roasted cashew halves
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- Slice tofu 1/4 inch thick. Place on cutting board between paper towels; top with baking sheet. Top with large cans or other weight; let stand 10 minutes. Soak red onion in cold water.
- Whisk red wine vinegar and Thai sweet chili sauce, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pat onion dry; toss with half of vinaigrette and cucumber.
- Sprinkle tofu on both sides with cornstarch. In 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high until hot. Carefully add tofu. Cook until deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Divide quinoa among 4 bowls. Top each with salad, roasted cashew halves, parsley leaves and tofu.
Check out our Vegan Sweet and Spicy Chili Sauce Recipe