Becoming vegan is an expression of one’s profound reverence for life. It is a deliberate step towards the preservation of our planet. Not excluding, it is a declaration of respect for all living things. For some, it reflects a commitment to personal health. Whatever the reason, a vegan lifestyle is a huge leap into a world that is very different from the one in which most of us grew up. Every step you take towards a more compassionate world is one of celebration.
There are many benefits to becoming vegan, listing a few of them such as, A Vegan Diet Is Richer in Certain Nutrients, It Can Help You Lose Excess Weight, It Appears to Lower Blood Sugar Levels and Improve Kidney Function, A Vegan Diet May Protect Against Certain Cancers, It’s Linked to a Lower Risk of Heart Disease, A Vegan Diet Can Reduce Pain from Arthritis, Fewer migraines, Protecting the environment, Balancing hormones and the list goes on, but, bottom line is its the right choices for you, your beliefs, and your body.
Learn as much as you can before starting the transition, so, first start to familiarise yourself with veganism. This will help you feel prepared, the more knowledge the more it will help with changing your lifestyle.
Find a motivation to change and remember it, there is a huge difference between veganism and going on a diet. When you know exactly why you want to be a vegan, you simply don’t stray from the lifestyle, this is why it will benefit you from gathering alot of knowledge on a vegan lifestyle and the effect animal products have on our environment, health and humanity. Once you’ve taken the time to open your eyes to the real effects animal products have on our lives and theirs it just sticks with you and there’s no going back on that.
Here are 10 tips to help with before starting the transition:
- EAT FAMILIAR FOODS YOU ALREADY ENJOY.
- START TO DEVELOP A ROUTINE.
- TRY OUT SOME NEW RECIPES TO FIND WHAT YOU LIKE.
- CONSIDER NEW APPLIANCES TO MAKE THE TRANSITION EASIER AND MORE ENJOYABLE.
- DISCOVER VEGAN PRODUCTS TO REPLACE NON-VEGAN STAPLES.
- FIND THE BEST GROCERY STORES TO BUY VEGAN FOOD WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK.
- DISCOVER RESTAURANTS/FAST FOOD PLACES WHERE YOU CAN EASILY EAT VEGAN.
- FIND A VEGAN BREAKFAST THAT YOU LOVE, AND YOU CAN EAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
- DON’T TRY TO LIVE ON VEGETABLES ALONE. EATING VEGAN IS SATISFYING, FILLING AND ENJOYABLE.
- TRY SOME FUN VEGAN DESSERT RECIPES.